“Ya devi sarvabhuteshu shanti rupena samsthita,
Namastasyai Namastasyai Namastasyai Namo Namah”
Email id change for Toronto Kalibari
As of Saturday, 11 September 2021, Toronto Kalibari’s email id has been changed from “email@example.com” to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The earlier email id (email@example.com) has been compromised and any emails received or sent from that id should be considered unauthorized / invalid.
Kindly send any queries / communication to firstname.lastname@example.org and they will be addressed in a timely manner.
Any volunteer meetings etc. held at Toronto Kalibari premises which are not officially requested by the Kalibari Management / Board of Trustees, are to be deemed as unauthorized and considered null and void.
Toronto Kalibari Board of Trustees
Dated: September 17, 2021
Toronto Kali Bari, a Hindu Temple, in the City of Mississauga was established over 35 years ago and is maintained as a safe, common place of worship to protect and showcase the rich traditions of Hindu culture. Our goal is to provide a comfortable place where peaceful ideals and celebrations are aimed to further the well-being, prosperity and overall development of our community.
The Temple is structured entirely for charitable, religious, and educational purposes. Our intention is:
- To provide a place of worship and be the main spiritual resource center for the community
- To preserve and promote Hindu cultural values and traditions
- To provide individuals from all backgrounds, the path to peace and bliss, through “Devotion, Service and Teachings“
- To provide facilities for Meditation, Cultural showcases, and educational activities
- To advance knowledge which encourage and foster interfaith understanding and cooperation.
- To provide young members of the community with facilities for cultural activities that are fun and educational.
To create a community that aims to further the safety, well being and prosperity of its members by showcasing, teaching and reiterating the values of Hindu and Indian customs/traditions.
To create a venue where members feel safe and comfortable participating in furthering and protecting the ideals of the Hindu Religion. A place where members feel equal and respected amongst their community members to continue to look for ways to creatively expand its philosophy and teachings, while still remaining relevant in an ever-expanding social media world.
- To conduct daily worship services – to Hindu Gods and spiritual masters, in accordance with traditional Hindu rituals and customs.
- To conduct religious education classes, study circles, discourses, celebration of Hindu festivals & religious activities, and cultural events.
- To engage in various community service activities – to serve the needy and elderly as a part of our religious duty.
- To enhance pride in Hindu Religion – for present and future generations.
- To promote understanding and respect for Hindu philosophy.
Jaidev Sarkar, P.Eng
Chairman – Toronto Kalibari