“Ya devi sarvabhuteshu shanti rupena samsthita,
Namastasyai Namastasyai Namastasyai Namo Namah”
Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic and per the associated health & safety guidelines, devotees will not be physically allowed inside of Toronto Kalibari, as the safety & well-being of our devotees is paramount.
Toronto Kali Bari, a Hindu Temple, in the City of Mississauga was established over 35 years ago and is maintained as a safe, common place of worship to protect and showcase the rich traditions of Hindu culture. Our goal is to provide a comfortable place where peaceful ideals and celebrations are aimed to further the well-being, prosperity and overall development of our community.
The Temple is structured entirely for charitable, religious, and educational purposes. Our intention is:
- To provide a place of worship and be the main spiritual resource center for the community
- To preserve and promote Hindu cultural values and traditions
- To provide individuals from all backgrounds, the path to peace and bliss, through “Devotion, Service and Teachings“
- To provide facilities for Meditation, Cultural showcases, and educational activities
- To advance knowledge which encourage and foster interfaith understanding and cooperation.
- To provide young members of the community with facilities for cultural activities that are fun and educational.
To create a community that aims to further the safety, well being and prosperity of its members by showcasing, teaching and reiterating the values of Hindu and Indian customs/traditions.
To create a venue where members feel safe and comfortable participating in furthering and protecting the ideals of the Hindu Religion. A place where members feel equal and respected amongst their community members to continue to look for ways to creatively expand its philosophy and teachings, while still remaining relevant in an ever-expanding social media world.
- To conduct daily worship services – to Hindu Gods and spiritual masters, in accordance with traditional Hindu rituals and customs.
- To conduct religious education classes, study circles, discourses, celebration of Hindu festivals & religious activities, and cultural events.
- To engage in various community service activities – to serve the needy and elderly as a part of our religious duty.
- To enhance pride in Hindu Religion – for present and future generations.
- To promote understanding and respect for Hindu philosophy.
Jaidev Sarkar, P.Eng
Chairman – Toronto Kalibari